Visiting Cincinnati/NKY or participating in the Flying Pig Marathon? There's plenty that this city has to offer...
so we wanted to compile a list of our fave hangouts at the moment. Feel free to browse by neighborhood and establishment type.
Over-the-Rhine Gateway Quarter
Parking: In the paid lot on the northwest corner of 12th and Vine, or the parking garage on southwest corner of 12th. This is a revitalized area of town near some off-color neighborhoods, so we recommend that you don't leave valuables in your car and don't wander alone.
• Senate - Gourmet street food and craft beers. My go-to item is the Lindsay Lohan all-beef hot dog, featuring goat cheese, caramelized onions, bacon, arugula and balsamic reduction. Jenny prefers the Trailer Park: bacon wrapped beef hotdog, american cheese, coleslaw, crushed Grippos & brioche bun. Do not miss out on the sinfully decadent truffle fries.
Atmosphere: Small, galley-style restaurant/bar with a trendy crowd, super-friendly staff.
Address: 1212 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 • Phone: 513-421-2020
• Bakersfield - Small plate tacos, guacamole, tequila and whiskey. I love the queso dip, and Jenny swears by the Short Rib tacos.
Atmosphere - like its namesake, a casual eatery that serves beer in a boot glass!
Address: 1213 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 • Phone: 513-579-0446
• 1215 Wine Bar & Coffee Lab - Jenny and I both love the sparkling wine flight for $15 featuring Cava, Prosecco and Nicolas Feuillate Champagne.
Address: 1215 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH
• Taste of Belgium Bistro - Serving up Belgian waffles and other Belgian fare -- enough said.
Address: 1133-1135 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 • Phone: 513-381-4607
• The Famous Neon's Unplugged - Fun hipster bar featuring craft beers, outdoor courtyard, intimate ancient inside.
Address: 208 East 12th Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 • Phone: 513-827-9361
• Japp's since 1879 - Speakeasy feel with craft cocktails served up by local celebrity mixologist, Molly Wellman. We love Molly!
Address: 1134 Main Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 • Phone: 513-381-1524
• The Lackman - Small, intimate bar by Bob Deck in a historic building.
Address: 1237 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH • Phone: 513-381-0741
Parking: Fountain Square Garage, entrance near 5th and Vine or 6th and Walnut.
• Nada - An upscale Mexican Restaurant. Jenny and I love the Chicken Taquitos, Guacamole and Barbacoa Tacos. Reservations recommended.
Address: 6th and Walnut (600 Walnut), Cincinnati, OH • Phone: 513-721-6232
• Via Vite - This Italian restaurant overlooks Fountain Square. We recommend it for happy hour or late night -- be sure to try the 'Prosciutto cotto e funghi' Pizza for $7 and sit out on the patio overlooking the square.
Address: 520 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 • Phone 513-721-8483
• Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse - Dry aged steaks with jazz. Killer Béarnaise. Reservations recommended.
Address: 700 Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 • Phone 513-784-1200
• Orchids at Palm Court - Fancy art deco restaurant in the Hilton Netherland Plaza. Wonderful atmosphere. Reservations recommended.
Address: 35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati Oh • Phone: 513-421-9100
• Jean-Robert's Table - Restaurant by French master chef Jean-Robert de Cavel, featuring excellent dishes and a lively bar scene. Reservations recommended.
Address: 713 Vine Street Cincinnati, Ohio • Phone: 513-621-4777
• Moerlein Lager House - Cincinnati's newest addition, featuring a gorgeous structure near the Reds stadium and overlooking the Ohio River in the Banks development. We love the local beers, tasty cuisine, and beautiful building and beer garden. (Valet or Park at the Central Riverfront Garage).
Address: 115 Joe Nuxhall Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202 • Phone: 513-421-2337
• Righteous Room - A small but luxurious bar with a small courtyard.
Address: 641 Walnut Street, Cincinnati, OH • Phone: 513-381-4408
A lively hilltop neighborhood overlooking Cincinnati.
Parking: off street and a paid lot on St. Gregory Street
• Teak - Thai and Asian cuisine and sushi with a fun patio.
Address: 1049-51 St. Gregory Street, Mt. Adams, Cincinnati, OH 45202 • Phone: 513-665-9800
• Daveed's - Upscale.
Address: 934 Hatch Street, Cincinnati, OH • Phone: 513-721-2665
• Blind Lemon - A hobbit-esque bar featuring live music and an outdoor patio.
Address: 938 Hatch Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 • Phone 513-241-3885
• Celestial - A cozy, richly wood-paneled bar with a wall of glass overlooking downtown from its perfect perch in Mt. Adams. I love the happy hour -- a glass of Wente Morning Fog Chardonnay for $4!
Address: 1071 Celestial Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 • Phone: 513-241-4455
• Hofbrauhaus - The first location outside of Munich, features an outdoor beer garden.
Address: 200 East 3rd Street, Newport, KY 41071 • Phone: 859-491-7200
Parking: out front
• Mokka - Delightful brunch featuring decadent French Toast, Frittatas and a Cincinnati must-try, Goetta!
Address: 500 Monmouth, Newport, KY 41071 • Phone 859-581-3700
Mainstrasse Village in Covington
Popular neighborhood centered around the old German district with a high concentration of restaurants, bars and shops.
Parking: free parking off street or in Visitor Lot on 5th Street
• Europa Bistro & Cafe - This delightfully small establishment serves European-inspired food and is BYOB, which we love!
Address: 616 Main Street, Covington, KY 41011 • Phone: 859 916-5511
• Bouquet Restaurant and Wine Bar - We love the Crab Cakes and Quinoa!
Address: 519 Main Street, Covington, KY • Phone: 859-491-7777
Hyde Park Square
One of Cincinnati's oldest and hippest shopping areas with over 175 one-of-a-kind shops, restaurants and events, surrounded by large historic homes.
Parking: metered spots and open lot in center of square.
• Indigo - A casual Italian eatery with some lighter options and outdoor seating.
Address: 2637 Erie Ave, Cincinnati OH, • Phone: 513-321-9952
• Poco a Poco - Contemporary Latin small plates. We especially love the corn side dish!
Address: 2724 Erie Avenue, Cincinnati, OH • Phone: 513-321-7626
A cozy and historic Tudor-inspired planned community with a town center and upscale shops and restaurants.
Parking: Off street or in the open lot next to the National Exemplar in the Mariemont Inn.
• The Quarter Bistro - a lively Latin-inspired restaurant with tasty food, a great wine list and an affluent crowd.
Address: 6904 Wooster Pike, Mariemont, OH 45227 • Phone: 513-271-5400
Multiple Locations All Over Town
• Skyline Chili - My favorite Cincinnati Chili. Try a 3-Way (Spaghetti topped with chili and cheese) or a Classic Cheese Coney.
Address: Locations all over -- in Newport, Main Strasse, Downtown, Hyde Park, etc.
• Graeter's - World-famous ice cream made right here in Cincinnati. Our favorite is the black raspberry chip, yummy!
Address: Locations all over -- Downtown on Fountain Square, Newport, Hyde Park Square, Mariemont Square.
Viewed 7639 times so far.
Like this? Tweet it to your followers!